K39BLN
K39BLN
K39BLN
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

Trang Chínhitv*GalleryLatest imagesTìm kiếmĐăng kýĐăng Nhập
Tìm kiếm

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Elway wants Tebow to be less cautious and 'pull the trigger'
Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:04 pm by anylove

» Designer Thing: Angels walk around the block runway on Victoria's Strategy Designer Reveal.
Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:59 am by snowlin42

» Prospect of online sales tax grows
Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:46 am by sumtwo

» Nicaragua's Ortega poised for re-election win
Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:06 am by yidiandiana

» Police Investigate Texas Judge Over Video Beating
Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 am by youxieshi

» Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family
Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:31 am by kuaiguonianlo

» Solyndra probe to hear from Energy's Chu on November 17
Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:08 am by youshiyinianla

» Tunisia's Islamist victors promise unity government
Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:18 am by zhendeainia

» World Series TV ratings down from last year
Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:09 pm by weishinia

Navigation
 Portal
 Diễn Đàn
 Thành viên
 Lý lịch
 Trợ giúp
 Tìm kiếm
Diễn Đàn
Affiliates
free forum

Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family

Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
kuaiguonianlo

Tổng số bài gửi : 1

Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family   Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:31 am

The findings may bring comfort to women from high-risk families after a 2007 study suggested that simply having a relative with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation raised their risk of developing breast cancer, even if they had tested negative for the genes.

"The results are encouraging and reassuring," said Dr. Allison Kurian discount jerseys of Stanford University School of Medicine, whose study appears in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.

The average woman in the United States has about a 12 to 13 percent chance of developing breast cancer in her lifetime.

Some 5 percent to 10 percent of breast cancers are genetic cheap nhl jerseys, and most of these cases are caused by abnormalities in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes.

Women with these mutations have a five to 20 times higher risk of developing breast or ovarian cancer, and must undergo intensive cancer screenings and take other precautions to reduce their cancer risk.

Many of these women elect to have their breasts or nba jerseys cheap ovaries removed to keep from developing cancer.

Once these mutations turn up in a family, other family members are screened as well. Women from these families who test negative have traditionally been told they have about the same risk as women in the general population.

But a 2007 study published in the Journal of Medical NFL Jerseys Cheap Genetics challenged that notion, suggesting that even though women did not carry the family breast cancer mutation, they still had a two to five times higher risk of developing breast cancer.

That created a considerable amount of anxiety among doctors and patients, Kurian said in a telephone interview.

To study this, her team analyzed data on cheap nfl jerseys more than 3,000 families with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations from three countries: the United States, Canada and Australia.

They compared breast cancer rates among carriers and noncarriers of family mutations of the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes.

They found no evidence of an increased breast cancer risk among women who were noncarriers.
http://pg49.forumotion.com/t635-topic
"It's reassuring that we don't see a signal for elevated breast cancer risk from women who test negative for a familial mutation," Kurian said.
Về Đầu Trang Go down

Breast cancer risk: It's not all in the family
Về Đầu Trang 
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang

Permissions in this forum:Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết
K39BLN :: Kinh nghiem cuoc song-
Chuyển đến